A network to support sustainability integration
EPFL obtains the presidency of the International Sustainable Campus Network and will host the 14th Annual ISCN 2020 Conference 24-26 June, 2020.
On October 1, 2019, EPFL vice president Etienne Marclay was elected president of the International Sustainable Campus Network (ISCN). With the support from co-executive directors, Silvia Hostettler (EPFL) and Victoria Smith (University of British Columbia) , the advisory committee and the board, he is leading this prestigious network that has the mission to support sustainability integration in education, research, innovation and campus operations of its member institutions. At EPFL, ISCN is hosted by the EPFL Sustainability team.
ISCN was founded in 2007 by EPFL and ETHZ and brings together 90 academic institutions from over 30 countries. It provides an international forum to launch joint projects, exchange best practices and meet in person at its annual conference.
Signatories of ISCN’s Charter commit to:
- Embed sustainability in all aspects of the university (governance, operations, learning, research, community).
- Create an environment that cultivates resilient, empowered, caring and engaged students, staff, and faculty who will contribute to the health of people and places.
- Engage with external partners, industry, government and civil society to disseminate knowledge, research and best practices to benefit the communities in which we serve.
- Deepen and broaden the collaboration that happens between members of the network to accelerate collective action.
- Ensure that the network is significantly inspiring international dialogue and debate to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
Call for proposals
EPFL will host the 14th ISCN annual conference ISCN 2020 Sustainability in Education: Institutional and student perspectives at the SwissTech Convention Center from 24-26 of June, 2020. The ISCN 2020 Conference will provide a platform to debate and share experiences on the opportunities and challenges of integrating sustainability into academic curricula at higher education institutions. ISCN 2020 will offer student-led tracks that are aimed at bringing students together from all over the world to share their ideas on how they envision sustainability in education.
The call for proposals for breakout sessions, papers and posters will be launched in mid-November 2019. We encourage all members of the EPFL community to visit isc-network.org to learn more about ISCN, submit their ideas and be an active part of the conference. We hope to see you at the STCC in June 2020.
Alfredo Kägi and Silvia Hostettler, EPFL Sustainability
> FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com